A case of the Mondays

Pinned Image
courtesy of Pinterest/Celia Fernandez pinned from Etsy
So I took the weekend off from the bloggy.  Well I did post my Dirty Secrets Saturday link up on Saturday morning, but then I did what I didn't think I could.  I left it.  I didn't jump back on and start reading or editing.  I didn't Facebook or Tweet all day.  It helped that we had 2 parties to attend on Saturday, but you want to know something?  It felt really, really, good.

For some reason I felt no pressure.  Sometimes when I'm away I feel so much pressure.  Like I'm missing out on some prime advertising opportunities.  Like I should tweet that blogger that I'm kind of stalking.  Like I should answer everyone of my comments in less than 24 hours.  That I really need to get off my butt and enter all my sponsors giveaways.  It wasn't in the cards this past weekend.  And I don't feel bad about it.

However I did wake up this morning in a semi panic!  I've been away!  No one is reading!  AHHH!  Then I realized that I really didn't have a lot to share.  I have some posts floating around in my brain, but I'm not there yet.  You ever get that way?  Also last week I did two crafting adventures.  The first, was a success!  So excited to share it.  The second is still an epic failure, both times I've tried to tweek it.  Don't you hate when that happens?  Plus they are both guest posts for other blogs, so you know what that's like.  THEY HAVE TO BE PERFECT!! 

So, now I have a case of the Mondays.  Or so I thought.

Today I'm honored to be featured over at ModaMama.  Joanna has created this beautiful series called "Motherhood Exposed".  It's many mamas letting it all hang out for better or for worse.  Today is my post.  This is a post that was originally submitted for an essay contest.  Nothing became of it, so when I saw that Joanna was still taking submissions, I went for it.  I just read it and I had forgotten many of those things.  I had forgotten how far I've really come.  It was like reading someone else's story.  It's funny, but I'm totally re-inspired by myself.  Oh, how utterly arrogant that sounds, right? 

I also want to mention a really awesome giveaway I'm taking part in right now.  My gal, Kristine, at The Foley Family, just launched her group giveaway, and I'm taking part.  Kristine has been such a huge support to me and my blog.  Go check it out.  You may also meet some new bloggers, and the prizes are winner takes all.  How cool would that be for a Monday?

Finally it's time to talk a little shop.  Well not really.  I just wanted you all to know that I do not charge for sponsor space on this blog as of yet.  I feel like my traffic doesn't support really great exposure just yet.  If that changes, then I will let you know.  That said, the only "charge" for sponsor space, is a space for me on your blog.  So let me know if you'd like to swap this month.  You can leave it in the comments, or contact me by email.  I also have no limit on swaps, so would you like to swap with me?   

So my case of the Mondays, is wavering.  Although today is also my first day of going completely "grainless".  We shall see how that goes.  I'm sure I'll have a recap soon.  In the mean time please visit ModaMama and The Foley Fam, if you get the chance, and send over some "grainless" recipes if you have them.

Let's make it a great day.  Monday gets such a bad rap!

Happy Blogging,
Megan

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved your post over at ModaMama today. I love that you were honest in stating the good and the bad... so that other moms out there know they aren't alone! Very beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support! I always smile when I see your name in the comments!
      I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. You're already a permanent fixture on my bloggy - I grabbed your button long ago...:)

    ReplyDelete