Campbell's Soup {saving dinner one can at a time}


 
 
What is it about the red and white labels of Campbell’s Soup cans that send me back in time? A trip down the soup aisle at the grocery store is much like a trip down memory lane.  But do people really buy soup anymore?  I haven’t bought soup in years.  Not even as a recipe ingredient.  So imagine my surprise when I was asked to challenge the picky eaters in my family using the oldest trick in the book… Campbell’s Soup!
 
For more than 144 years, Campbell’s Soup has been helping families come together at the dinner table.  Whether it’s a can of Chicken Noodle with 32 feet, yes 32 feet, of noodles, or some Cream of (insert your favorite) in your favorite casserole, Campbell’s is making dinner delicious.
 
But what about your picky eaters?  I get it.  I have kids that like carrots but not peas.  That like salad on a random Tuesday in June, but refuse to touch it again.  How many times can a mother serve chicken nuggets before the authorities get called?  I joke, but sometimes I feel like we are stuck in a dinner rut.  Endless rotations of grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken nuggets.  It takes the fun out of cooking when all the colors run together.  That’s why I was more than happy to check out The Wisest Kid in the Whole World™, Campbell’s answer to your pickiest of eaters.
 
With recipes in categories like “Mini Mania” and “Use your Noodle,” I promise you will find something that is delicious and interesting to your picky eaters.  The recipes are also easy enough to let your kids join in!
 
I chose two recipes for this challenge using two soups that can become pantry staples. Cream of Chicken and Tomato.  Both recipes were quick and so easy my girls could help. They had so much fun cooking with mom.
 
For dinner we choose Mini Chicken Pot Pies.  From start to finish it took 30 minutes and used leftovers I already had in the fridge.  I think we had as much fun making them as we did eating them!  Plus my daughter ate peas.  Green peas.  She didn’t pick out a single one and say, “Ewww”.  That’s success, people.  
 
 
 
 
 
For dessert we made Tomato Soup Spice Cupcakes.  
 
 
 
That’s right!  There is Tomato Soup in the cupcakes.  But as you can see from the pictures… your kids would never know!!  They would make a great addition to your holiday dessert spread this Thanksgiving.  People will swear you are the domestic diva you know you are, and you will never have to tell them that your secret ingredient comes in a can!
 
 
I have to say this was easier than I thought it would be.  Not just the cooking but the convincing my girls to eat their veggies that they would normally turn their nose at.  They want to make these again, and I have to say, it will be easy with all the Thanksgiving leftovers next week.  I'm sure these pot pies aren't the only recipe that can help tackle your leftovers dilemma the day after.  
 
 
 
Want to surprise your kids with a food craft that puts dinner on the table in minutes?  Visit Campbell’s The Wisest Kid in the Whole World.  You will thank me.  You will also thank Campbell’s, for making dinner and your life a little easier this holiday season.

3 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes r on my bake list!!! And we r huge fans of the mini pot pies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomato soup cupcakes! Cool...thanks for giving me more tricks to get those picky-eaters to get veggies in the diet!
    xo
    And as always, a FAB post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomato soup cupcakes...who knew! amazing

    ReplyDelete