Crushing on: Music {Three Things Thursday}


A major goal this year is to engage this wonderful blogging community consistently. What better way than to link up with blog friends! Together, the three of us came up with Three Things Thursday. Just three things to talk or write about. Five seemed like too many and "one thing" was like we weren't even trying! So any three things that are on your mind. Any three pictures from Instagram. Three complaints about your day/week. Three of your favorite treats. Seriously. Any three things! 
So write it. Publish it. Yell it from the mountain tops! 
Just be sure you come back and link it up here!

For some extra fun follow us on Instagram for some three things posts! 
Use the #threethingsthursday, and let's start talking!


We are so excited to welcome Erin, from Living in Yellow to the link up today! The three of us got the chance to meet Erin at Elevate a few years ago and girlfran does not disappoint! She is just as lovely and spirited in real life as she is on screen. She is kindness and happiness personified! On her blog, Living in Yellow, you will find fashion tips, humor, food and wine, and fun travel diaries. Visit Erin to not only 'live in yellow', but to live out loud! You can catch her on Instagram here.


Three things I'm crushing on this week? Music, the soundtrack of life!

ONE


On Tuesday, Caitlin stayed with my mom because her allergies were terrible. Translation, the time change and allergies had attacked and she was in no shape to be at school. After I picked up Mackenzie, we circled back to my parents house, where I found my Dad cleaning out his closet. Instead of piles of clothes, I found crates of vinyl. I dived right in. It was magical and glorious. It smelled like my childhood and my adolescence wrapped in one. Just like I love the smell of old, well loved books, I also love the smell of well loved vinyl. I was in heaven. My Dad and I were immediately lost in the world of music, together, which has always been our thing. I'm pretty sure I knew the words to Hey Jude before the Itsy Bitsy Spider. He asked me if I wanted all these albums when he died, which to most people would seem a little morbid, but to us, it was just a matter of priorities. Of course I want these priceless treasures. Even now, it wasn't surprising that I walked right over the the crates and started pulling out albums, gasping and yelling, and saying, "Hell YES!". Music, it's my thing. Music inspires me, quiets me, thrills me. Note by note.

TWO 

This is kind of a cheat because it's actually four things, but four incredibly beautiful things. Here you have a glimpse of the soundtrack of my adolescence. Add in some Magical Mystery Tour and some Weezer, and I'm pretty sure this sounds like freshman and sophomore year. I think it's telling that not one, but two Cure albums popped up, as I'm going to see them in May. I found a first press of Joshua Tree, which had me reeling. Then in the bottom left corner is Gish, by Smashing Pumpkins. I can't wait to bring these home and listen to them on the world's oldest record player. 

THREE 

Another treasure was found on Tuesday as my Dad cleaned out his room. As you can see Caitlin is wearing an old radio headset from the early 80s. Years before the Walkman, decades before the Discman, and what seems like centuries before the iPod, this was how you listened to music on the go. It still can broadcast local FM radio, which was pretty cool when we found some Billy Joel. Caitlin wore it for the better part of an hour, letting me know when she found any Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber. Of all the things to love, she loves this prehistoric music machine. Which makes me happy in so many ways, because it doesn't matter how you hear the music, as long as you're listening and singing along. I guess this apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

That's it for this edition of Three Things Thursday. Find me on Instagram today and say hello! And if you are so inclined, link up with us and share your three things today!