Twelve four-five-six Twenty Twenty


Let's recap the weekend.

Starting on Friday:


Esperanza landed on Mac's school desk, in a jar so she could be easily moved. Smart move on her part. Mac as excited that she could show Esperanza to her school friends on zoom. However, she was very concerned that Esperanza couldn't spell. I told her I don't think there is a strong emphasis on spelling at the North Pole. 


I picked up with "Who-ville" Tree at Sprouts on Friday. I got one last year, and we let it die, because that's what happens to most plants in this house. Friday's advent activity was to watch Christmas movies with lost of snacks and blankets. We chose Home Alone 2 and hot chocolate. I even followed the recipe on the back of the cocoa box because I was out of instant. It wasn't all that hard, and I impressed my thirteen year old and myself. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how good Home Alone 2 was, sequels usually don't hold up. 

Saturday Recap:


Esperanza got a hold of The Who-ville Tree. Doesn't she know how precious toilet paper is during this pandemic. The kids thought this was hilarious, and that it was very possible that Esperanza brought us a roll from the North Pole. The cute countdown is a Target Dollar Spot find that my friend Heidi picked up for me. It was only five bucks!

Our advent activity was to make paper snowflakes, the girls did while I ran errands. They were just as messy as I remember and no one was really happy with how they turned out. I think my girls are perfectionists like their mother, so if they weren't perfect they went in the trash.

Sunday recap:


Esperanza challenged the girls to a drawing contest. They took it very serious, and they did a fantastic job. I wish I could draw as well as they do. Also, with Esperanza sitting in a bowl, we were able to move her around as we wished. That came in handy as the girls helped me wrap Christmas gifts. My wrapping has never been this ahead of schedule. Now, before I continue let me say, I had to let go. I had to let go of the "perfectly" wrapped gift, and let them help. Honestly, the paper gets torn to hell anyway. This is the first year I just said yes, sure, wrap that gift with more paper than is needed. It's 2020, if I've learned anything this crazy year, it's to let people help me when I need it. 

Sunday's advent activity was to have breakfast for dinner so we had eggs and hash browns. It was simple and easy and everyone was happy. 

I also did six loads of laundry on Sunday, and folded and put them away. Well I had help putting them away, but still. I'm tired.

Happy Monday, 
Megan