Currently {Three Things Thursday 4/27/16}


A major goal this year is to engage this wonderful blogging community consistently. What better way than to link up with blog friends! Together, the three of us came up with Three Things Thursday. Just three things to talk or write about. Five seemed like too many and "one thing" was like we weren't even trying! So any three things that are on your mind. Any three pictures from Instagram. Three complaints about your day/week. Three of your favorite treats. Seriously. Any three things! 
So write it. Publish it. Yell it from the mountain tops! 
Just be sure you come back and link it up here!

For some extra fun follow us on Instagram for some three things posts! 
Use the #threethingsthursday, and let's start talking!
Absolute Mommy


There is this great writing prompt called "Currently", you can snag a copy here. I love it because when I'm at a loss as to what to blog about, I turn to the prompt. Instantly I can find a little inspiration, which is just enough to get my creative flow back. Here are three things that are "currently" happening in my life.

Currently:

Reading: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. 

HERE

O. M. G. you guys! At first I was a little iffy... Not sure if this was my kind of book. So far it's chapter after chapter of flashbacks and witness statements. Yup. Witness. Statements. We are getting little glimpses of motherhood and marriage and school politics down under (the book is set in Australia). I have to say it all sounds scarily familiar. Here is what I currently think about this book:

JUST TELL ME WHO DIED ALREADY!!!!  

I'm not even kidding... Okay, maybe I am. I can't take it anymore, and I can't read it fast enough to find out!

Watching: Orange is the New Black.
FIND THIS DELIGHT HERE ON ETSY!

I know. I'm seriously late to this party. But I had a feeling when I turned my life over to this show, I would absolutely turn my life over. Because it's on Netflix and I can watch an entire season if I choose. Which right now I can't. I can't even watch it when the kids are home because I can't chance them looking over my shoulder or hearing any of the dialog. I'm not complaining, the show is effing fantastic. Based on a true story which makes me want to read the book as well. Every show completely one ups the one before it, which I really love. It makes me laugh out loud every damn time. It's just, what would the other moms at drop off say? Not that I care, but doesn't some one's favorite show say a lot about them? Insert some laughing emojis here.

Playing: Weezer and The Red Hot Chili Peppers


I've been listening to Weezer's debut over and over in the car lately. My absolute favorite song is number 9. At least two of the songs on this CD have inspired short stories that may become long stories one day.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been a choice inspired by Anthony Kiedis's memoir. Despite that the book was published in 2005, I've been a fan since I was fourteen. It's the first CD I ever owned, a gift from my Dad for eighth grade graduation. I can't imagine giving my daughters a CD that included songs like "Breaking the Girl" and "Suck my Kiss" when they are fourteen, but I turned out just fine. The book has been on my list for years, but I finally broke down and bought it, and I'm so glad that I did. I could write an entire post on it, and I might, but I will say that reading it and then listening to their CDs is like hearing them for the first time. The stories and the life that was happening when they made this music is just insane and beautiful and chaotic. All the things I just love about music.


What are you "Currently" doing these days? Linking up with us I hope.