About the Blog {#threethingsthursday 5/5/16}


Welcome to #threethingsthursday a fantastic way to engage with other bloggers and readers in our blogging community.  We'd love for you to link up with us. All you need are three things to talk or write about. Any three pictures from Instagram. Three complaints about your day/week. Three of your favorite treats. Seriously. Any three things! 
So write it. Publish it. Yell it from the mountain tops! 
Just be sure you come back and link it up here!

For some extra fun follow us on Instagram for some three things posts! 
Use the #threethingsthursday, and let's start talking!




This week's #threethings is going to be all about this blog. In nine days I will be attending the Elevate Blog Conference. Let me tell you, this conference delivers. Every year I come home from Elevate motivated and in touch with my blogging goals. The networking opportunities are off the charts, and it's the chance to make life long friends. Trust me, the two gals I host #threethings with used to be my blogging besties, now they are just my besties. Elevate gave us the chance to meet in real life!

Since Elevate is just nine days away, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to my fellow attendees, and perhaps to some of you. This blog has changed in so many ways since 2011. I'm different, my voice is different, and I find that the time spent here has also changed. What hasn't changed is my passion to write, and my passion to write about life, love, and motherhood. I found these questions on Pinterest earlier today, and I felt they were a perfect way to say hello, nice to meet you. If you get the chance, check out the Elevate Blog Conference. Until then, here are #threethings I bet you didn't know about Absolute Mommy, the blog!



ONE/ WHY DID I START THIS BLOG?

I started my blog late one afternoon when my husband was late coming home from work. At the time I had a three year old and an 18 month old, and I was literally climbing the walls. I had been thinking about starting a blog for over a year, and had started out by starting the Absolute Mommy Facebook page. I would write status about being a mom, drowning in diapers and bullshit. I always kept it short and sweet, until I didn't. I really wanted to connect with other moms to let them know they were not alone. The entire first year of Caitlin's life I felt so alone and out of touch. I felt like every minor hiccup was a major failure, and I always wondered if it was just me. Was I the only one majorly sucking at this? Well, once I started writing, I found out that I was not alone. In fact there was an entire tribe of women out there waiting for someone to say what they were too afraid to. I was afraid too, don't get me wrong. Still, the more I wrote, the better I felt, and the more people I connected with. I started this blog to rediscover Megan, who seemed impossibly lost at the time.

TWO/ WHAT KEEPS ME BLOGGING?

My readers and friends. Strangers I see at Target. The Mom in the drop off line with one screaming baby on her hip, and one pissed off first grader. Every time I see a mother struggling with life, love, or their tiny humans, I want to reach out to them. I want to smile at them with grace in my heart and on my face. I keep blogging, even sporadically as of late, because I think it's important for everyone to find their peace. I keep writing and posting because more often than not, I'll get a comment that says, "I needed that today". Motherhood is impossibly hard. I say that not because I'm lazy or because I'm really terribly at it, I say it because it's the truth. Motherhood is happiness and sadness;guilt and joy. Motherhood fuels everything I do now. I can't make a decision without giving my status as a mother consideration. So I keep writing and posting because my story isn't unique. My story and stories on this blog have been universal, even if they have just been routine and status quo as far as motherhoood goes. Still, it continues to inspire me daily.

THREE/ WHAT DO I HOPE MY READERS WILL COME 
AWAY WITH AFTER A VISIT TO MY BLOG?

I hope that when someone visits this blog they walk away feeling better about themselves and how they mother. I hope that I have made them laugh and inspire them visit this blog again. It's always been a goal of mine to make moms feel like they are doing best job they can. I feel like there is not a "right" way to mother, there is only "your way". Motherhood is different for everyone. I want all mothers from all walks to feel welcome on my blog. I hated breastfeeding, my kids still sleep in my bed sometimes, I'm a yeller. My hope is that by being honest about these things, I can make another mom realize that she's not effing this thing up royally. Currently, I hope that my readers continue to visit my blog and that they never give up on me since my writing has dropped off dramatically this year. I'm still writing. I'm still inspired by motherhood. And I'm still trying to keep this blog alive.

Thanks for visiting our link up today. If you are visiting today in anticipation of Elevate, please take a chance to read my "best of", by clicking the Best Of tab above. My "best of" tab really is some of my best writing. If fiction is more your bag, check out my short story under the "Dinner Party" tab. It was fun to dive into some fiction for a change.

I'd love to hear your answers to some of these questions if you blog, and I hope you link up with us today!