Saying Hello to Fall

I was going to blog about something else entirely today.  I had it all set up, in my mind, for days already.  Then we (all of us) woke up this morning feeling like crap.  We officially have the first creeping, crawling, snotty crud of the season. 

It really started on Thursday when Caitlin got home from school.  She whined about a sore throat and sneezed like a million times.  Then it continued on Friday, snot here, sneeze there, wheeze over here.  Then Saturday Dad woke up with the sore throat.  I assumed it was just seasonal allergies, since I wasn't feeling it yet.  We all know what happens when we assume!

So last night we went to the Fair.  It's fair time here in Fresno.  We did have a great time.  The kids loved the stinky animals.  We, ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the cows, baby chicks and piglets.  We (me excluded) tried amazing fair food. Giant corn dogs, fried cheese curds (Uncle Adam's request) and seriously the biggest (and according to the group, very tasty) pretzel that was a whopping seven bucks!  Yes, $7.00!

Sadly, our fun ended.  We all got up this morning feeling crabby and crappy.  It's awful when your kiddos are sick, but when the parents feel crappy at the same time, it's down right brutal.  You would think that since the kids feel crummy, they would slow down just a bit.  Not a chance.  They are just as hyper and mobile as ever, however they are ten times more crabby!  So as they are running circles around us in the living room they are whining and crying at the same time.  WOW!

Then us parents sit around like zombies trying to think of anything other than a nose we can't breathe out of, or our head that feels close to exploding.  All while wishing we could curl up in our own bed with a Harry Potter marathon (no? just me?).  Instead we a huddling on the couch, head pounding from screaming kids, while Yo Gabba Gabba and Peppa Pig play on loop.  Is it too early for NyQuil?

So my friends, it has been quite a Sunday so far.  I'm about a day behind everyone else and Mac is a day being me, so Monday and Tuesday of this week look pretty dim from here.  I'm sure tomorrow I'll be calling and whining to my momma to come and save me... Just like my kids have been doing all day.

Happy (cough, sniffle) Blogging,
Megan