Life won't wait




I wish I had a good excuse, but I don't.  I had to drag myself to the keyboard tonight.  Life has been happening all around me.  In a good way.  In the best way.  

I've been writing.  I've been reading.  I've been loving, and living, and breathing.

What more can a person ask for?

Not much really.

But if I could, I'd ask for more time.  But I don't want more time for the mundane.  I don't want more hours in the day for chores, for dishes, for laundry.  I don't want more time for phone calls and emails, or Target trips.

I want more time for kisses before bed.  I want more time for after dinner ice cream sandwiches.  I want more time for late night giggles, while watching that hilarious movie with the one you love, while the kids sleep soundly.  I want more time to breathe, to think, to feel.

But I since I can't squeeze any more hours out of a day, I'll stop and enjoy those hours instead.  Away from the keyboard, away from the sink, away from the washing machine.  And I won't apologize.

Because the mundane can wait.

Life won't.