Ten things you'd hate about me

On the eve of Elevate, I thought it would be good to share a little about me. 
Some of the people I will meet tomorrow will have never heard of me. 
This is a good introduction when they decide to look me up via my business cards. 
Plus, it first appeared on Nay's blog and I had nothing for today. 
I was way to excited about the people I will meet tomorrow and the stories I will hear. 
Just promise that you will love these things about me, even if you hate them too.

Don't hate, I just had my hair done when I took this picture.
I promise it doesn't look like this all the time.

Ten Things You'd Hate About Me

1. I'm an only child. And I've been spoiled to a fault. I'm so used to being the center of the universe that some days it's still hard for me to realize that I'm really not anymore. I'm a work in progress.

2. I don't drink coffee. Or any caffeine really. I've got adrenal fatigue and so caffeine is a no-no for me on most days. I do cheat occasionally. But most people think this fact about me is coo-coo bananas.

3. I'm a size four, but I still think I'm fat. I know, it's awful, you don't have to tell me. But in my defense, when you get used to a certain size and now you are a new size your heart kind of breaks a little. I'm learning to accept this new me, but it's been harder than I've admitted here on the blog.

4. I've done nothing to change number 3. I know. I should be exercising if I'm really unhappy with my size. But I really enjoy sitting on my ass and watching the Mindy Project or Scandal. I could be apologetic about this fact, but that would be a lie.

5. My favorite book is Love Story. My mother absolutely despises the book because of the cheesy movie made in the seventies, but the book captivated me! I wanted to go to an Ivy League school and date a hockey player/old money man like Oliver Barrett. I just didn't want to end up like Jenny Cavilleri if you know what I mean. But I adore this book for all the sap, descriptions of Ivy League schools in the fall, and poetry read at wedding ceremonies. I love every single piece of cheese it holds.

6. The flip side of that is, I cannot for the life of me enjoy Pride and Prejudice. I get it, I call myself a bibliophile, and yet I just can't with this book. This one I'm actually sorry about.

7. I am known for my selfies without make-up. What can I say, Instagram filters really make me look good. In my youth I would have never left the house with out make up and clean hair. As I've aged I've figured those things are luxuries on most days. So don't hate me because I know how to filter to my advantage. It's a finely cultivated skill...

8. I don't eat wheat, gluten, or grains of any kind. Yes, I'm that person. So I'm the worst to go out to dinner with. I always get to pick the restaurant, and I always special order. In my defense, I'm allergic to every grain that grows. As my BF says, I'm allergic to air.

9. I'm a Brazilian waxer. Even though I hate it. I still do it. I have my reasons.

10. I have nothing but love and affection for the "eff" word. I mean, it's really the ultimate word. It expresses so much in just four letters. You will probably see it from time to time here.Listen, I've got small kids, so my use of this word has taken a back seat in recent years. However, I've been known to use it as a comma, an adjective, and a verb. Sometimes in the same sentence. I really do try to sprinkle them in...

So that's me. I'm sure there are a hundred things you hate about me, but writing that would just be another thing to hate about me. What are some things I'd hate about you? Leave them for me in the comments. I can't be the only annoying one in the blog world.