I'm the mother who... {part 2}

 
I wrote a post like this a few months ago.
It was a little more serious.
Today is the lighter side.
Because motherhood requires humor as much as it does patience.
 
Here are a few things to add to my "mother who..." list.
 
I'm the mother who:
 
Found grey hairs in her side pony.
I wore a side pony for Halloween.
I thought it was totally cute, in a Pinterest/DIY kind of way.
Until I had a closer look at the actual pony.
Look, I know I have grey hair.
I need to get my roots done every 4 weeks.
But I had no idea that some of those buggers had got away from me.
Maybe I'm a little too old (and grey) for a side pony.
 
Has been calling cake mixes vintage.
Hear me out.
Everyone is making cakes from scratch these days.
Which is awesome, and thanks to Pinterest we can too.
Recently I have seen some pictures on Instagram where mom bloggers
are calling their cupcakes "cheaters" as they were made from a mix.
Why?
A bowl, a mixer, eggs, a cupcake pan, and the oven were all involved.
This equals baking in my book.
Also let's talk about the fact that June Cleaver and
Carol Brady indeed used mixes.
They were all the rage in the 50s and 60s.
Cake mixes were status symbols much like TV dinners and
McDonald's hamburgers.
See ladies, it's very vintage.
 
Has a toddler who thinks the sequence of numbers goes like this:
One, Two, NOW!
Don't judge me.
I'm a counter.
 
Let her 5 year old and 2 year old coinstar all the change
we've been collecting in the house.
My 5 year old got $36.22 and my 2 year old got $32.78.
Then I let them both shop with reckless abandon at Target.
Yes, I let them spend over $60 on themselves at Target.
I have to tell you it was a blast.
Caitlin (5) got a Barbie and Swifty's new CD, RED.
Mac got a stuffed Frog, a hippo Christmas ornament, and
the boxed set of Madagascar.
They were happy and I'm happy.
I just love Afro Circus.
 
Is ready to Christmas shop only for fear that Lalaloopsies will sell out again.
They did last year.
It was quite the disaster.
Who knew they were the thing.
Why are they still a thing?
 
Is staying up late to write this random post.
That you will read Tuesday.
Why can't I be this organized in other aspects of my life?
 
I'm the mother who...
Are you?