Toes in the Sand {Ramblings}

 



What is it about putting your toes in the sand?
It's like getting permission to let everything go.
To relax and really seize the day.
It's what I did last week.
A day spent on a little over cast beach.
Where my kids played.
Me and the hubby hung out.
My parents got to enjoy their grand kids.
With a picnic lunch.
And my toes in the sand.

It's funny when you are a mom, and you forget what it feels like to just be you.
The you, you were before.
Do you remember what you did with all that free time?
Sleep?
Shop?

I've had a few days to spend all by myself at home.
It's been amazing.
I watch shows I want to watch.
They don't involve animation or laugh tracks.
I even ate my lunch on the couch without it being poached.
What is it about what's on your plate that makes your kids want to eat it?
I couldn't pay them to eat avocado off their plate!

Having a moment or two to yourself is kind of like putting your toes in the sand.
That moment of contentment.
That moment of peace.
Letting it all go.
And remembering who you were before you were mom.

How do you put "your toes in the sand"?



 



Have you met my latest blog crush?
Colleen will knock your socks off!