Springing Forward


I know.  I know what you are all thinking.  Springing Forward it awful.  We lose one hour of sleep, but in real life it feels like a day.  Our schedules are messed up.  Dinner hits the table later and later.  I'm there with you my friends.  Still "time" lagged from Sunday's time change. 

But that does not mean that everything about springing forward is bad.  Springing forward can be awesome!  I'm going to share with you all the things that are making me,
Spring Forward

I love spring because spring means my birthday. 
It's on the 26th! 
No, I'm not ready to admit my age,
but this spring I'm sharing it with some of my favorite people and Katniss. 
You don't know Katniss? 
You have until March 23rd to read the book before the movie comes out! 
Yes!  I'm all in with the Hunger Games. 
It's taken over!
Pinned Image
Pinterest/Sally Young/here
Speaking of my birthday, every girls needs new wedges for spring. 
Right?
I want these.
My wardrobe (if you can call it that) is begging for these!


Spring means pretty little get ups like this! 
I'm already starting to wear more layers,
but I'm loving the coral in this! 
And those shoes? 
I need those shoes. 

Pinned Image
Pinterest/Katie Alexander/ here

With spring comes Easter.  
Peeps are taking over the stores!  
How about we cover them in chocolate and sprinkles?  
Yes, please! 
Believe me when I tell you I have an unhealthy obsession with peeps. 
I buy them and don't even eat them...
A peeps wreath just might make it into my home!
Love from the Oven/recipe here

I love that spring is still cool enough for scarves. 
Scarves make me so happy. 
And I'm ready to try and make one of these!
Pinned Image
Kate Ross/ Pinterest / here

Springing forward also means...
Celebrating Mother's Day! 
It's a day to cherish and appreciate Moms everywhere. 
So of course I try to milk it for all it's worth. 
Mani/pedi, Starbucks, new clothes, and this year...
Mother's Day Toms.
It's happening.
Well I just made it up,
and because I love mine something fierce,
I think it will catch on. 
And I think these are the perfect way to say, "Happy Mother's Day".
One last thing that's rocking my spring,
MY NEW BLOG DESIGN!!
Thank you to The Momma Bird!
I will fully dedicate a post to Michelle on another day.
She exceeded any and all expectations I had!
Seriously this is such an awesome early bday gift!
Thank you Miss Mommy for the giveaway,
and The Momma Bird for the kick ass blog design!

What do you think of my new blog design?  Are you currently Springing Forward?  Will you attempt the chocolate covered peeps?  Is your alarm set to Katniss? 

Let's forget about that lost hour and Spring Forward!


16 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the new blog design!! Congrats girl and happy early birthday! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for Hunger Games, I already have my tickets for March 26th! EK! :)
    I love those wedges and that peach hoody love it!
    Your new blog design is so cute!!! Love your new header! The colors as so cheerful, it's clean and welcoming. LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new design is so bright and cheerful! Michelle did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the crochet toms in black! They are beautiful, yes, I am in love with my shoes! I hate the spring forward, but you just gave a pretty convincing list of things to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.em.gee!!!! ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ the blog design....so much I couldn't concentrate on the post - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING your new blog design girl! AND all your spring forward links! :) I have those exact lace TOMS! :) Have a great weekend! {Hopefully we can all catch up on sleep!} ;-) xo, Reannah {PS -- I already follow you, but just started following you via linky followers!} ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spring as well & I am totally LOVING your new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new blog design. It's so bright and Happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog design looks SOOOO AWESOME!!! i love it!! Oh and yes....Hunger Games!! I am sooo excited!! Even though I know I will wait a week until the teeny- boppers get it out of their system before I go see it at the theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blog looks great, very cheery and easy to view/ read...look forward to following and happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe you are too sweet hun!!! I'm so glad you love it :) Great job on the color choice - and I have to admit - I need me some toms too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my alarm is set to Katniss! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the new design ;)
    Isn't Michelle amazing?. I love her so.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter talked me into reading Twilight. I doubted...but listened to the audiobook. OMG...I hate to admit it...but I am a Twilight addict. I've listed to the books (all 4) over and over and over. I've heard sooo much about the Hunger Games...but was skeptical. But my daughter again insisted I read it. I drank the Koolaid and downloaded the audiobook. Okay...okay...she was right again. I listened to that thing in what seemed like an hour and on to the second. Now I can't wait for the movie. It just so happens MY birthday is on March 23. Seems like I should get a free ticket hmmm...I wish. My only hope is I can convince someone to go with me....my husband is doubtful...but maybe. Happy Birthday month to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh spring, how I love thee!! :) This spring forward has actually been awesome for me this year. My son now gets up one hour later, even if he goes to bed an hour later. It has been great! So the Hunger Games... I don't know where I have been but I just heard about this a week or so ago and have started book one. I have to read it before I see the movie or I never will :) Also, your spring fashion, lovely! I really want those Toms! (the flats, so I can safety carry my son LOL)
    And of course, I LOVE the new blog design!!! love it!!!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait for the hunger games!! I was SO excited when my husband picked up the books and started reading them! Believe it or not, he's already on the third book! We're seeing the movie this weekend, but not tomorrow. Husband doesn't like crowds. :)

    Loving those crocheted toms! So perfect for spring!!

    XO
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete