The Vegas Countdown {24 hours till launch}


In 24 hours I will be in Sin City.

Four days, me and the Hubbs, without the kids.

This has never happened before.

A real Vacation, just the two of us.
How many days before we hate each other?
Can we really exist without kids for 4 days?
I mean how many days before my bitchy resting face gets old?

Thankfully our neighbor friends are going too.
Hopefully they will still love me and my bitchy resting face.
Also hopefully we (the Crutchfields) won't embarrass ourselves.
Oh, wait, they're our neighbors.
Been there.  Done that.

It's been years since I went to Vegas.
The last time I was there it was for my friends bachelorette party.
I was married, but without kids.
It was weird.
I felt old then.
That was 7 years ago.

Dress bought just for this trip
Ignore white bra strap.

I don't even know what to wear.
I have 3 dresses for night life.
A maxi dress for lounging and travel.
Shorts and tanks for day.
And the highest platforms sandals I bought in the heat of the moment.
Can I even walk in them???
And does maxi dress say, "I'm too old for this shit?"


so cute!
Day time outfit inspiration via Pinterest

Last week the Hubbs asked me if I could do my make up 
like Andy in Devil Wears Prada.
What's that, he asked.
A smoky eye, I said.
Can you do that?
Uh, maybe?
Can you teach an old broad new make up tricks?

Smoky eye
Pinned this pic so I can attempt smoky eye.
I have a feeling it's going to be more "raccoon" eye.

I don't even know what songs to include on a play list.
Does Kids Bop count?
Will I be the only one dancing to the hits of yesteryear?
Please tell me there is a retro bar in Vegas that plays oldies.
Which according to a radio station in town, is NSync.
Yes, NSync.
Bye, Bye, Bye youth.

What's an 35 year old mommy going to do in Sin City?

Crazy tall plats that are an accident begging to happen.

I'll be in Vegas in 24 hours.
Hold me.