All that glitters is four

If you have a four year old daughter, God bless you.  No really.  You must understand better than most the current "4 going on 14" stage.  Where if it doesn't sparkle or make her look like Ariel then it doesn't go on the body.  This phase that everything is up for discussion or debate.  Where every morning is a fashion show that ends like the season finale of Project Runway, with me victorious, and my girl in tears.

It's the sass, the attitude, all the backtalk.  It's like an endless episode of toddlers and tiaras. 
Rocking it!
And today like most days, I ran out of patience.  I yelled.  I threatened to throw out all of the clothes she refuses to wear.  I could not handle one more debate on purple gingham vs. red velvet.  I could not argue over why red glitter shoes could not be worn with the purple velour track suit.  Meltdown after meltdown about side ponies vs. half ponies vs. pigtails.

I can't debate like a high powered attorney at 7 am.  I just can't.

Then the sass.  That mouth she has on her.  It's like looking in a mirror.  I'm all sass and sarcasm, and she got that gene.  I back talk the Hubbs all the time, so why wouldn't she.  She is following my example.  I have no one to blame, but myself.  Seriously?  I'm the mom, right?  I should be able to do as I do, right?  Well not exactly.

This is her first day of school outfit.
She picked it out.
So today, I think we are even stevens.  I love her.  Like more than life.  It's just challenging some days.  Like today.  I try to be encouraging.  I try to talk it out.  But I can only handle one or two meltdowns about hair and accessories before I snap.  Is this how my mother felt?

My mom reminds me that I was exactly the same.  I wanted to dress myself.  I had the details down to a T.  Is it any wonder, my mini me demands the same.  A good friend reminded me that this is what we all want as moms.  A child that can express themselves.  Can have and form an opinion.  A child that has an imagination that runs wild.  So I try.  I try to encourage all the great outfits, and let me tell you some of them are killer.

She got this for Christmas.
Look at the fingerless gloves.
She loves this!
She want to wear this to Target.
Some days are a battle around here.  A fashion/attitude war zone played out against a Disney Princess background.  Some days the wounds are worse.  Some days we call a truce.

So we will start over tomorrow.

But today.  Deep breath in... Breathe.

I even asked her today, "Did I pick up the right kid from school?".

Well hows that for an example in sassy sarcasm?

Happy Blogging,
Megan