Medical Mystery Tour Part 2

This is part 2 in a series I've started.  To get caught up, read this...

Last post was super heavy with many of you responding with prayers and kind words.  Thank you.  No really.  I read and cried with each comment.  It was an amazing outpouring of support.  Thank you.

Now, many of you may be wondering just what kind of healing I'm talking about.  For some it may be hard to wrap your head around alternative medicine... That's a-OK.  I would too, if I were you, but please know that most "Western/modern" medicine has yet to provide me with answers.  This has been a journey that began at birth.  Some day I just may ask my mom to guest post.  Please, please understand that I am not a doctor.  Health Now is not paying me for this post or any other.  This is my personal journey, and what I hope is going to work for me. 

I found HealthNow over the summer at another blog.  I was immediately interested, as two of their doctors had written  a book about Celiac and gluten intolerance.  The book is called The Gluten Effect.  Dr. Richard Petersen and Dr. Vikki Petersen are clinical nutritionists.  Along with an Internist, Chiropractor (both Dr. Petersens are chiropractors as well), a Physical Therapist, and a doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, they make the team at Health Now Medical Center in Sunnyvale California.  I like that it says, "Our team of doctors work together to offer a comprehensive wellness approach to health" on their website.  All I could think of when I read that was, NOW we're talking!

The HealthNow website is full of information and testimonials.  Way too many to mention here.  If you are interested in them or want more info please visit the links.  Also if you are interested in the book, The Gluten Effect, you can find it on their home page.  I haven't bought it because I have so many "gluten free" books since my diagnosis, and many times it's the same info.  However after my visit I just may have to buy it.

Speaking of my visit with this team of doctors, I'm scheduled for February 15-17 (any guest posters out there?).  I'm looking forward to the visit since I'm really looking forward/praying for some answers.  The hotel living for a few days with the kiddos is not the best, but family is close, and they are ready and willing to help.  Thank God, again, for family!

Now for some fun stuff.

Before that visit, I had to complete some "test" which roughly translated to "specimen collection".  Yeah you know what I'm talking about, if not read this.  And one collection was saliva.  I'm leaving it at that.  The two blood tests in addition to this was seriously a walk in the park.  The fasting and all. 

All received in the mail.  Exciting?
Here are some pictures of a very interesting day.  No caffeine for 24 hours.  Saliva collection every 4 hours with nothing but food and water for the previous hour.  Is it any wonder I had to post-it everything? 
Yes that says No Caffeine...
Yes, I did it...
And at 10:15 I had a glass of tea.

This is what your lunch looks like when you have a 1 hr fast.
Yeah that "sample' had to be refrigerated.
And it wasn't any kind of waste matter...PROMISE

Misc. Test kit... Awesome.
 All tests are done and Fed-Ex'd as of last week.  I'm super happy that none of the bags say "bio hazard" or "Poop Test".  So while I'm very excited to visit these doctors, there is one more obstacle in my way.  The Modified Elimination Diet, or as the BF calls it, "The Diet of Death".  This diet is the real deal.  It's no joke.  It's also the subject of my next post.  I'll leave you with a teaser.  Are you ready for this?

NO CAFFEINE.

FOR 10 DAYS.

NO STARBUCKS FOR 10 DAYS.

DIET OF DEATH.

Happy Blogging,
Megan