Get Yo Craft On! V-day Edition



It's almost Valentine's Day, and conversation hearts are everywhere.  I love conversation hearts.  Not to eat of course, but to admire.  They are so cute and the colors slay me.  The pastels are such a joy in the middle of a foggy or rainy February.  I also love them because they talk, and if you haven't noticed, I love to talk.  They say things like hug me, love ya, kiss me, and xoxo.  What's not to love?  Oh, yeah the taste.

So let's craft them and skip the chalky calories.  Since I'm nothing if not a crafting, frugal, domestic goddess (are you laughing yet?), I've decided to give you a craft idea that is simple and cheap.  Here is a 5/5.  Five dollars in five minutes, give or take a few of each, craft.

I didn't use that tissue paper.
It just helped you see the vase better.
Supplies:
Cylinder vase - Dollar Store
2 pkgs of Convo Hearts - Dollar Store
Shot glass - my cupboard.  Don't judge.
Flowers - from my Hubby, so free

Directions:
Place your shotty in a vase, and then pronounce it "vaaah-ze" to feel fancy.

Drop in your hearts carefully because they will want to jump into the shot glass. A spoon is a good tool to fish them out.

Can you see the shot glass?
When your shotty is covered to your liking, drop in flowers of your choice and water.
Looks nice just like this.
Then you can bling it up.  I added a pink ribbon.

I added pink ribbon here.

This really shows off the flowers my hubby bought me on Friday night.  This isn't his usual MO.  So of course I ruined the moment by joking "Were these half off?".  So I'm going to take a moment and highlight his "just for you because I thought of you" moment.  He loves me. 

I bought extra convo hearts because I wasn't sure how many it would take.  So now with the extra, Caitlin and I are going to make these for her preschool teacher and class aid.  This time I'm going to use carnations, as they are very under appreciated and quirky.  Much like my crafting skills.

Happy Blogging,
Megan
Linking up with Kristine here!
Yeah!

Linking up with Laura at Our Reflection
This linky is open until the 13th
Our Reflection